People are possibly the most
socially complex animals on
earth. The slightest movement
of an eyebrow can have meaning.
Join me as I explain some of the best
tools I have found for improving
one's ability to understand and relate to
other people. In this blog I present tools
from neuroscience, Nonviolent Communication,
Byron Katie, Process Work, and more.

Thursday, September 8, 2011

Rough Draft 9/8/2011

I finished the rough, rough draft of my book a week ago. Whew! I really hope that I am capable of getting it to readable. When I look at it now, it's a bit sobering. How does anyone write a book?
The book reads a little like an out of focus image on a screen. I am hoping that with rewrites I can get it into focus. Since this is my first book, I don't have the confidence of having done it before.
So I am consoling myself with the thought that I can always get a ghost writer.

I really like the information I have. I am writing about how to work together with a group of people and have fun doing it. I have been a part of one group or another for the past 25 years and I have rarely experienced the fun part. The sad thing is, we really could have fun. But most working groups model themselves after business board meetings and/or struggle with conflict. Then they wonder why no one wants to join.

At any rate this is a book offering a completely different way of working, which I hope will inspire people to do groups differently. Just think how it might transform our world if accomplishing something in a group together was a joy rather than a duty.

No comments:

Post a Comment