People are possibly the most
socially complex animals on
earth. The slightest movement
of an eyebrow can have meaning.
Join me as I explain some of the best
tools I have found for improving
one's ability to understand and relate to
other people. In this blog I present tools
from neuroscience, Nonviolent Communication,
Byron Katie, Process Work, and more.

Monday, December 5, 2011

Seeing Everyone in a Rosy Light







































Someone once accused me of seeing everything with rose-colored glasses. I’d like to think that I do. Let’s say that you walked into a room and everyone looked at you with rosy glasses. I think that would mean that they saw the best possible interpretation of you. Wouldn’t that feel great? And if you felt accepted and appreciated, you’d probably be relaxed, confident, and open-hearted back. Well, that is my experience anyway. If I wear rose-colored glasses, most people reward me with rosy faces and enthusiasm.

I think it’s all about reflection – a major human trait. We are just made to mirror one another. We even have special structures in our brain that scientists call Mirror Neurons whose job it is to experience someone else’s experience inside of ourselves.
So if I mirror back to you that you are great, you actually feel even better and reflect that feeling back to me and so on. Cool, eh?

I’m liking these pink glasses more and more.

1 comment: